Nine Below Employment Opportunity:
Entry Level Bartender
For questions, contact: email@example.com
Nine Below seeks energetic, motivated, and organized bartenders to serve customers and help with various aspects of Nine Below’s operations. Qualified candidates should understand quality customer service, be quick on their feet with good problem-solving skills, be comfortable serving and mixing drinks from traditional and mobile bar stations, be able to multi-task, enjoy working as a member of a team, and be willing to assist with a variety of tasks including prepping, cleaning, and organizing as needed.
Nine Below offers an innovative team-based twist on indoor miniature golf. Customers make advance reservations in groups of 2-6 for a specific two-hour “tee time”. Upon arrival, they are assigned to their own 140-square foot plot of green. During the first 45 minutes of their round of play, customers create their own mini-golf hole using trap doors and unique obstacles. During the last hour of their round of play, they play a full 9-hole course of the other holes that the other teams in their same round have created. Every visit to Nine Below’s underground course is as different as the personalities of the golfers who build it. The only thing that stays the same is the bar… which, by the way, is fully stocked.
To offer a unique social environment in which people can explore their creativity through a team-based twist on a traditional miniature golf experience.
1905 E. North Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53202
Bartenders are responsible for serving/mixing drinks, helping manage bar functions and bar inventory, keeping the bar and venue organized, assisting with setup and cleanup, and helping customers with all aspects of their Nine Below experience. Must be able to work days, nights, and/or weekends, carry up to 30 lbs., and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain a clean, safe, and fully stocked bar.
• Maintain knowledge of all beer, wine and spirit offerings.
• Serve beverages/snacks to customers who place orders at the bar, as well as from their green.
• Serve beverages to customers from a mobile beverage cart.
• Assist with opening and closing procedures during each shift.
• Perform bussing tasks such as stocking, trash, recycling, dishes, cleanup, etc.
• Collect payment/create tabs on a POS system.
• Maintain open communication with other bartenders and supervisors.
• Assist customers in all aspects of their Nine Below experience.
Bartenders are expected to work 10-20 hours per week. Additional hours may be available.
$2.33 - $4/hr + tips. Range based on experience. A comprehensive benefits package is available for qualified employees working at least 30 hours per week.
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Must be able to work at least one weekday evening shift per week (Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday) and one Saturday shift per week (daytime or evening). Open availability on Saturdays is required for scheduling purposes. Additional weekday and Sunday availability is preferred.
3. Must be willing to complete an online Responsible Beverage Server Course and submit proof of completion.
4. Must be able to move up and down stairs frequently.
1. High School diploma
2. Restaurant server/bartender experience preferred
3. Energetic self-starter
4. Strong problem solving skills
5. Strong customer service acumen
6. Ability to operate a point of sale system, make change, and accurately conduct credit card/cash transactions
7. Strong oral communication and public speaking skills
8. Team player with an understanding of customer service, a positive attitude, and high energy
We are always looking for dynamic individuals who have a passion for exceptional customer service and would like to be a part of one of the most innovative bar teams in Milwaukee. To apply, please prepare the following application materials:
1. Brief cover letter
Incomplete or poorly written applications will not be considered.
Applications submitted via email will not be considered.